Burness Paull is looking for a Private Client Tax Manager to join the Private Client team in either our Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow office. You will report to the Divisional Head of Private Client. We are open to applications from candidates UK-wide looking to work remotely.
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive personal / trusts tax service to a diverse client base.
- Responsible for the personal tax returns of a portfolio of clients. Undertakes all appropriate liaison - with clients, banks, brokers - and completes tax returns accurately and on time.
- Preparation of Trusts tax returns and Executry tax returns and associated compliance such as holdover relief claims, and liaising with the wider team to arrange payment of tax timeously.
- Preparation of informal tax liabilities in estates and R185 forms.
- Follows disciplined schedule to ensure all tax compliance deadlines are met. Keeps the team abreast of changes in tax compliance legislation.
- Responsible for registering Trusts with HMRC, updating the Trusts register annually and keeping the firm’s in house Trusts register up to date (inputting principal Trusts information, asset types and key dates). Appraises the team of critical dates and takes action as appropriate.
- Depending on qualification, potentially assists on the tax aspects of succession planning.
- Capable of working largely unsupervised, and knows all procedures to follow if tax/Trust arrangements are changed.
- The job holder is likely to have a minimum of 5 years' tax experience and may hold one or more related accounting, paralegal and/or tax qualifications (ATT / CTA / SOLAS / STEP).
- Supports the division’s main business development activities. Very occasional travel among the firm’s three offices (Aberdeen / Glasgow / Edinburgh).
- Occasionally takes own client meetings and / or support fee earners by attending their client meetings.
Please look at the Job Profile for more details.
If you’re an experienced Tax Manager looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Talent Acquisition team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Michelle MacPherson at email@example.com