Burness Paull is looking for a Tax Manager to join the Private Client team in either Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow. This is a permanent position on a part time basis (3-4 days a week).
Key Responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the personal tax returns of a portfolio of clients. Undertakes all appropriate liaison - with clients, banks, brokers - and completes tax returns accurately and on time
- Preparation of Trusts tax returns and Executry tax returns and associated compliance such as holdover relief claims, and liaising with the wider team to arrange payment of tax timeously
- Responsible for registering Trusts with HMRC, updating the Trusts register annually and keeping the firm’s in house Trusts register up to date (inputting principal Trusts information, asset types and key dates). Appraises the team of critical dates and takes action as appropriate
- Follows disciplined schedule to ensure all tax compliance deadlines are met. Keeps the team abreast of changes in tax compliance legislation
- Preparation of informal tax liabilities in estates and R185 forms
- Capable of working largely unsupervised, and knows all procedures to follow if tax/Trust arrangements are changed
- The job holder is likely to have up to 5 years' tax experience and may hold one or more related accounting, paralegal and/or tax qualifications (ATT / CTA / SOLAS / STEP)
- Supports the division’s main business development activities. Very occasional travel among the firm’s three offices (Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Glasgow)
- Occasionally takes own client meetings and / or support fee earners by attending their client meetings
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.