Burness Paull is one of Scotland’s premier law firms operating from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, serving clients in Scotland, the UK and globally.
We are looking to recruit a Solicitor/Senior Solicitor (NQ-3PQE) for the Real Estate team in our Glasgow office. The successful candidate will work alongside our Real Estate partners, Graeme Bradshaw and Nick Naddell.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting our market leading real estate team in delivering best in class legal services to our dynamic and varied client base
- Assisting senior fee earners and Partner’s on major, high-profile transactions
- Working on your own transactions – candidates will get the opportunity to work independently on client instructions (fully supported by exceptional colleagues)
- Forming part of client teams – candidates will have the opportunity to build relationships with a variety of clients and become part of a dedicated team of trusted advisers
- Project Management – taking responsibility and adopting a role in the organisation and delivery of client projects
- Working on a broad variety of real estate transactions with a focus on property investment, property development, commercial leasing, lease management, acquisitions and disposals.
- Title review and reporting;
- Title reporting and analysis
- Lease reviews and reporting;
- Dealing with the grant of servitude and wayleaves;
- Utility Agreements
- Lease management;
- Preparing and serving notices/intimations;
- Portfolio management;
- Contract for lease/agreement implementation;
- Landlord consents;
- Rent Review Agreements; and
- Renunciations and termination agreements
Technical and personal skills:
- You must have a passion for commercial real estate, be pragmatic and results-focussed and be able to work under pressure and to tight timescales. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, a focus on quality and a determination to provide a first-class service
Respect and inclusion
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential.
If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.
This job specification is written as an indication of the nature and scope of duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as a fully descriptive or definitive list and job holders will be expected to carry out other duties assigned which are appropriate to the position. The duties as described may be altered as necessary by the firm.