Burness Paull is looking for a Private Client Paralegal to join the Private Client team in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office. The purpose of this role is to provide full support services for fee earners within the Private Client team.
- Deal with the day-to-day aspects of Trust, Estate, Power of Attorney and Guardianship administration;
- Preparation of Trust, Estate, Power of Attorney and Guardianship accounts;
- Preparation of C1 and C5 forms and IHT400, IHT100 and associated HMRC forms;
- Drafting of straightforward Wills and Powers of Attorneys;
- Maintain Trusts database - inputting principal Trusts information, asset types and key dates. Appraise the team of critical dates and take action as appropriate;
- Basic income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax knowledge in relation to trusts and estates;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Supports the division’s main business development activities. Occasional travel among the firm’s three offices (Aberdeen / Glasgow / Edinburgh).
- Attention to detail, good client facing skills and keen to embrace new technology.
Please look at the Job Profile for more details.
If you’re an experienced Paralegal looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Talent Acquisition team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Michelle MacPherson at email@example.com