Burness Paull is one of Scotland’s premier law firms with offices of equal size and strength across Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, serving clients in Scotland, the UK and globally.
We are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join our Banking & Funds Division in our Edinburgh office. This is an exciting new opportunity which has been created to support the team’s growth strategy.
Working as part of large team reporting directly to the Banking & Funds partners, the role will support the lawyers across the division with a particular focus on the lifetime and establishment work for key funds clients.
This role will involve assisting in relation to:
1. the formation of funds structured as Scottish limited partnerships;
2. issues arising during the lifetime of funds, including in relation to transfers of partner interests;
3. the termination of Scottish limited partnerships; and
4. transactional work, including the completion of general corporate and acquisition finance, real estate finance and fund finance transactions.
The role will involve the drafting of standardised legal documentation (such as partnership agreements, transfer agreements and powers of attorney), preparing and arranging for the submission of Companies House filings, liaising with clients and working with the firm’s Company Secretarial and Governance team.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Administration or paralegal experience in a corporate environment;
- Proficient use of Microsoft packages;
- Experience in managing and maintaining databases;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A degree of assertiveness to ensure that colleagues meet relevant deadlines;
- Be a team-player; understanding how to work alongside and support the lawyers; and
- A proactive approach, and able to work under pressure and to tight timescales as a key member of the team.
We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, a focus on quality and a determination to provide a first-class service. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in a successful, growing firm.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Michelle.MacPherson@burnesspaull.com