Burness Paull is looking for a Learning & Development Advisor to join the HR & Development team in either Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow. This role is a permanent, part time (28 hours per week) position and we are flexible on working pattern.
Key responsibilities are:
- Maintaining our current learning and development programmes (Developing Leaders’ Programme, Development Pathway, Apprenticeship Levy programme), identifying new opportunities, designing, managing and delivering virtual and in-house workshops and training sessions. Perform regular reporting.
- Making improvements to processes and procedures, identifying innovative approaches to organisational learning, engaging with existing external training providers and securing new providers.
- Supporting colleagues who are undertaking legal qualifications, such as the SQE.
- Dealing with requests from colleagues to support their development.
- Partnering with departmental heads and other stakeholders to build an understanding of the business, identifying learning requirements, and aligning on strategic initiatives.
- Undertake comprehensive needs analyses for supporting the needs-based design of learning measures.
- At least one year of experience in a L&D role/environment.
- Substantial planning and organisational and administrative skills, solid communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to provide a proactive and responsive service is essential for this role.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Self-motivated and able to apply initiative to work independently.
- Good MS Office skills.
If you have experience within a Learning & Development role looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role