Burness Paull is looking for a Knowledge & Development Lawyer to join the Technology & Commercial division in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. This role is a 12 month fixed term contract, with potential of permanency.
Key responsibilities are:
- Create, implement and supervise the Technology & Commercial division’s internal training programme in core areas (IT, IP, data privacy, commercial contracts – optionally competition law and consumer law), including division wide-training, training for junior assistants and trainees. This will involve identifying training needs, delivering sessions personally and co-ordinating speakers for other sessions;
- Provision of assistance and guidance to fee earners for high level technical queries;
- Create, co-ordinate and organise the annual training events schedule of training and activities for the Technology & Commercial division;
- Write or contribute to blogs and other articles as may be required from time to time; and
- Capture relevant know-how from the fee earners, and share with the rest of the team.
- Subject matter expertise and experience in core areas (ideally from 5 years+ of private practice);
- Highly organised and passionate self starter and has the ability to build and maintain a good relationship with colleagues - strong team-working ethos; and
- Open and approachable and willing to work flexibly to assist the team as required.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.