Burness Paull is looking for a Knowledge and Development Lawyer to join our Scottish Real Estate team, in either Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- Review and revising key style documents for the Scottish Real Estate team to take account of changes in law and best practice – developing market leading documentation with links to training materials and ‘know how’ to support the use by junior fee earners in particular
- Creation of ancillary documents to help with deal management – eg checklists and trackers
- Continual improvement and development of style documents using sources such as PSG, Practical Law and other on-line resources
- Engagement with Partners and Directors in reviewing styles to be signed off for use
- Delivering training on the styles and how they are used as they are rolled out to the Division
- Excellent drafting skills, both from a legal and commercial perspective - used to drafting transaction documents in ‘plain English’
- Good transactional or KDL experience
- First class knowledge of Scottish property law across a number of our key sectors
- Highly organised person that is self-starting – a ‘completer/ finisher’
For further details on this role, please click below to download the Job Spec.
If you’re an experienced Real Estate Lawyer looking for a career change or an experienced Knowledge and Development Lawyer looking for a new challenge, apply now!
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.