Burness Paull is looking for a Deputy Head of Governance & Company Secretarial Services to join the Company Secretarial team in the Edinburgh office.
Key responsibilities are:
- To ensure a comprehensive, efficient and timely provision of a company secretarial service to clients of the firm, and provide support and guidance to colleagues across the firm in relation to any company secretarial or company related matters.
- Supporting colleagues in transactional matters, including drafting transactional documentation such as Companies House forms, board minutes, resolutions and share certificates, as well as contributing to internal transaction management;
- Providing guidance and support to clients, both internal and external, in respect of the company secretarial aspects of their companies and, where necessary, on other transactional related matters;
- Attending client board and shareholder meetings and providing appropriate governance advice and support to those boards, including advice and assistance with agenda planning, preparation for board meetings, attendance and minuting meetings and assisting with follow up actions as required, as well as contributing to the development of the board support services provided by the firm;
- Keeping up to date with legislative and procedural developments and assisting with updating of house style documents, dissemination of information to team members accordingly, providing suitable guidance, support and training to junior members of the team;
- Experience in a company secretarial role is essential, preferably in a legal/professional services environment;
- Ideally hold a relevant governance or company secretarial qualification, for example Chartered Governance Institute qualified or accreditation with the Law Society of Scotland in Company Secretarial Practice;
- Working knowledge of Diligent Entities (or an equivalent company secretarial software package) is desirable
- Confident communication skills, adapting the type, content, tone and style of the communication to suit the purpose.
Please look at the Job Profile for more details.
If you’re experienced in a company secretarial role looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.