Burness Paull is looking a Company Secretary & Governance Advisor to join the Corporate team in Edinburgh.
Key responsibilities are:
- Drafting of documentation relating to incorporation of companies and limited liability partnerships;
- Supporting colleagues in transactional matters, including drafting supporting documentation such as Companies House forms, board minutes, resolutions and share certificates;
- Carrying out relevant company and limited partnership searches, and, where required, appropriate research, for colleagues across the firm;
- Providing guidance and support to clients, both internal and external, in respect of the company secretarial aspects of their companies and, where necessary, on other transactional related matters; and
- Providing guidance and support to clients, both internal and external, in relation to the People with Significant Control regime for companies, LLPs and Scottish limited partnerships.
- Experience in a company secretarial role is essential, preferably in a legal/professional services environment;
- Ideally hold a paralegal qualification in Company Law/accreditation with the Law Society of Scotland in Company Secretarial Practice;
- Working knowledge of Diligent Entities (or an equivalent company secretarial software package) is desirable; and
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues.
If you have experience in a company secretarial role and are looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, including part-time and remotely, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.