Burness Paull is looking for a Company Secretary & Governance Advisor to join the Company Secretarial division in the Edinburgh office.
Key responsibilities are:
- Drafting of documentation relating to incorporation of companies and limited liability partnerships;
- Supporting colleagues in transactional matters, including drafting supporting documentation such as Companies House forms, board minutes, resolutions and share certificates;
- Carrying out relevant company and limited partnership searches, and, where required, appropriate research, for colleagues across the firm;
- Maintaining the statutory books held by the firm in its capacity as company secretary or for LLPs where corporate administrative support is provided, both electronically via Blueprint/Diligent Entities software or manually. Ensuring accurate detail of all entries is made within the given timescale; and
- Responsibility for compliance requirements, primarily relating to the preparation and filing of confirmation statements, and preparation of accounts filing reminders for companies for which the firm acts as company secretary, or for LLPs where corporate administrative support is provided.
- Experience in a company secretarial role is essential, preferably in a legal/professional services environment;
- Ideally hold a paralegal qualification in Company Law/accreditation with the Law Society of Scotland in Company Secretarial Practice;
- Working knowledge of Diligent Entities (or an equivalent company secretarial software package) is desirable; and
- Confident communication skills, adapting the type, content, tone and style of the communication to suit the purpose.
If you’re an experienced Company Secretary looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.