Burness Paull is looking for a Company Secretarial Administrator to join the Company Secretarial team in our Edinburgh office. You will report to the Director, Head of Governance & Company Secretarial Services.
The purpose of the role is to ensure a comprehensive, efficient and timely provision of assistance and support to the Head of Governance & Company Secretarial Services in the collection of information, production of new, and the maintenance of existing, documentation. Ensuring integrity of data is maintained at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Collate information relevant to the formation of new client records whenever required
- Update and manage the Firm’s limited partnership table whenever new instructions are received from fee earners in the Funds Practice
- Maintain statutory display of company and partnership names with their address at our locations
- Managing the annual billing cycles for our limited partnership and registered office clients, including liaising with the other members of the company secretarial team and relevant contacts in our Finance teams to achieve the required outcomes
- Deal with records maintenance including updating of client contact information and other relevant changes, liaising with appropriate teams within the firm as required
- Completing administration as may be required for the role
- Assist with the daily delivery of documents to Companies House on behalf of colleagues across the firm
- On a daily basis attend to the sorting of mail for clients to which we provide registered office services, and processing mail to have this sent to clients
- Ensure information is recorded to allow accurate redirection of mail
Fee Earning Related Activities:
- Assist periodically with obtaining information for fee earners across the firm from Companies House as and when required
- Assist periodically with the ordering and delivery of reports against limited partnerships as and when required by colleagues, including all liaison with Companies House
- Assist with the preparation and circulation of auditors enquiry letters to colleagues across the firm, to allow responses to be prepared and issued thereafter
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to a high standard (minimum intermediate Excel skills required)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet demands of time critical tasks
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
- Consistently delivers a high quality of client service and demonstrates a flexible approach to meeting changing needs and priorities
Please look at the Job Profile for more details.
If you’re an experienced administrator looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Talent Acquisition team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.