Are you passionate about property?
Are you the best in the business at business development?
Burness Paull is looking for an outstanding Business Development Manager to take up a key role at the firm supporting the Property & Infrastructure department.
As a leading independent law firm we’re focused on creating a truly great business, so we’re continually looking for people who don’t want to settle for average.
If you are looking for a workplace that will value your curiosity, passion, and desire to grow, if you’re seeking colleagues who are high-achieving but human too, then you’re a potential future colleague of ours.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Scope, shape and deliver the business development strategy and plans for a crucial area of the firm;
- Lead, challenge and support the real estate and construction partners with business development efforts by collecting and sharing market and industry intelligence, tracking activity and identifying new opportunities;
- Develop a strong knowledge of the firm’s clients and targets to enable effective and focused BD & Marketing activity.
- Work closely with partners and the firm’s bids team to lead and prepare pitches/proposals and credentials for winning new business.
The ideal person will have the following:
- Experience and employment record that indicates a high level of interest, if not passion in one or more of either the real estate, or legal sectors;
- A general professional services background with experience in BD;
- Ability to demonstrate a clear strategic approach to winning new business;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of real estate, construction and the relevant audiences;
- Tenacity, diplomacy and relentless positivity.
In line with our well-established flexible working policy this role can be based in either of our Edinburgh or Glasgow office, but with the scope to work from home and travel for business as required.
This is a great opportunity to join a truly individual top tier firm, click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role.