Burness Paull is looking for a Assistant Pension Scheme Secretary to join the Pensions team in the Glasgow office.
Key responsibilities are:
- Planning and facilitating pension scheme trustee board and sub-committee meetings;
- Assisting with the general planning and organisation of trustee business, with a strong focus on timely diary management;
- Assisting with the reviewing and updating of trustee polices and terms of reference for sub-committees;
- Assisting in the management of potential conflicts of interest by keeping conflicts register updated;
- Helping to identify, co-ordinate and manage training and development needs to assist trustees to comply with their trustee knowledge and understanding obligations. This can include carrying out board effectiveness reviews and/or skills assessments.
- Experience of operating at a similar level in a pensions consultancy or similar;
- Technical understanding and knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.