Burness Paull is looking for an Accountant to join the Finance team. This role is a minimum of 18 months to cover maternity leave and we will accept applications from candidates based anywhere in the UK.
Key responsibilities are:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & MI including variance analysis;
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and forecasts;
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Preparation of external reporting packs and ONS surveys;
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis;
- Authorisation of daily bank transfers and processing of weekly payment runs;
- Review of fee earner targets;
- Key contact with bank for partner capital investments; and
- Coordinating partner payments.
- Qualified accountant from industry background;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- A proactive individual, with ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Proficient in excel skills with ability to use pivot tables and lookup formula; and
- Previous experience in professional services advantageous but not essential.
If you are an experienced Accountant looking to join a truly individual top tier firm, apply now.
Burness Paull’s aim is to be the leading independent law firm in Scotland. Click here to find out more about who we are and what makes us different.
Respect and Inclusion -
At Burness Paull, respect and inclusion are fundamental to the way we operate. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a workplace where all our colleagues can reach their full potential. If you want to know more click here. We are able to make reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process to make sure you are able to do your best. It can be difficult to talk about a disability or long term health condition but our Recruitment team are here to support you – please get in touch to discuss what we can do for you.
Our colleagues work flexibly in lots of different ways, please talk to us about the flexibility you’re looking for in your next role